We have wifi at our site, do we need data?
Users can use wifi whilst being on site without mobile data however the Forsite App will not check users out when leaving the site.
This means we rely on the User to manually check themselves out and this is not recommended.
We set geo fences around our sites which are like a large elastic band. The Forsite app recognises when you have reached the edge of this band and will check you out, notifying us and the Site Admin.
Forsite Head Office
If a user doesn't have data what happens?
- Without mobile data the user will go radio-silent after leaving the store.
- Without data connection, no action records (e.g. check outs) get submitted from a users phone to us.
- Therefore the user will appear as on-site, as this was the last information we’ve received until they hit wifi/ turn their mobile data on.
- Generally: No data connection means receiving information delayed.
- User stays checked in.
- Site Admin thinks you are on site.
- If an evacuation takes place, you will be tagged as onsite still, you can imagine the trouble this causes.
- Your time on site will look very odd and will be flagged with the Site Admin at the end of the month.
How to stop this? Turn on mobile data on to submit their data in real time.
Configure Sites Location Requirements
Updated 29.09.21 This article provides information about location tracking settings when using the Forsite app. App versions: iOS: 5.1.0 Android: 5.1.0 IMPORTANT UPDATE: Location logs outside of a Forsite monitored site are not recorded in our ...
Notifying Site Admins of New Risks/Hazards Raised via the Forsite App
Click here to download this article Need more help or have any further questions? Chat to us via live chat or email on @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Webforms - Site Admins
This article provides information on Webforms and how to manage these as a Site Admin App versions: iOS: 5.1.2 Android: 5.1.2 What are Webforms? Webforms provide sites with the ability to log presence onsite via a tablet, or a users mobile device if ...
Maps on the Activity Feed
Click to download this article Need more help or have any further questions? Chat to us via live chat or email on @ email@example.com
Forsite User Levels
Forsite User Levels Site Admin (SA) A Site Admin has an overall view of all the data and the check in/outs of each individual contractors on their site. Facility manager Property Manager Administration Access - View all site related ...